Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Beauty on a Budget: Drug Store Goodies!

As I stroll around at the CVS store around my area, I always find myself getting sucked towards the beauty aisle instantly comb through all the affordable goodies they have. Its hard not to get pulled towards all the cosmetics that are lined up back to back and its also easy to get confused on which items to buy. As we all have gone through before we buy a certain lipstick or foundation and mascaras, just to name a few, and when we get home and try them we suddenly realize we bought what we paid for. Then there are times where we buy some cosmetics and say "WOW this was a great find and buy!". The current economy hasn't been too kind to our wallets and we cant splurge on cosmetics or all the little nicknack's we didn't mind spending more then 10$ on, so here is a quick beauty on a budget list that I'm happy about. 

Now I have many different items in my Makeup collection as well as in my Makeup Kit. I have drug store products to high end named brands and its all in what I think it a great pay off in pigments, color stay and finished look. I have had my hits and misses with affordable drug store makeup AND high end name brands. But when I find goodies that is worth the money I paid for then I become a buyer for life! These few items I bought and instantly became a fan of are worth going out and trying out. 

I am really happy with purchasing these items and will be going back to getting more!! A few are comparable and dupe's on some name brand cosmetics, which is always exciting! 

I bought...

Maybelline: Define-A-Line: $6.99




-Brownish Black on the top. (Dupe for MAC Stud) 



-Chestnut Brown on the bottom. (Dupe for MAC Strut)

Which may I add are dupes, well at least in my opinion, to MAC Eye Brow pencil's. Works just the same! This will be added to my kit most defiantly! 


Revlon ColorStay Lip Liners: $7.99
1.Rose 2. Mauve 3. Pink/Rose

  -Rose   -Mauve    -Pink/Rose
What I instantly loved about these lip liners are that they STAY! It didn't bleed and once its on your lips it will not budge! Goes on smoothly and easy to feather in to the middle of your lips. I did swatches of these lip liners and i have tried to wipe them off and it wont rub off easily! I had to bust out the makeup remover for these puppies!!! 






Revlon Lustrous Lipstick: $6.99





Top: Blushed 420  Pear Shade  Middle: Teak Rose 445  Creme Shade
Bottom: Champagne on Ice 205

*Champagne on Ice is very iridescent and you cant see very well in this picture but it is a Nude/frosty color. Great for any skin tone!

All a smooth payoff and stays put! The Creme Shade is a great kind of matte smooth look with a hint of shine velvet finish. The Pearl Shades are great iridescent with a hint of color finish. Champagne on Ice reminds me of Gel lipstick from MAC. Teak Rose reminds me of a lighter Impassioned from MAC and Blushed reminds me of Angel from MAC. Great Buys!!!

Revlon ColorStay: Liquid Eye Pen $8.99


This is my favorite! After one use of it I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT! It is like a felt tip pen and goes on nicely! The one thing that made be love it the most is, IT DOESNT SMUDGE! I have tried it ALL: Cream/Gel/Pencils Black liners and out of ALL of them this one does not smudge under the corners of my eyes! I find that is the biggest complaint I get from clients and friends that are Asian that after an hour or so their eye liner smudges under the corners of their eyes! This has fixed that problem for me! This is my #1 pick!! Out of all the goodies I got this is the one I will for sure stock up on!

These are just a few goodies I got from the drug store, my suggestion on finding great products for less is to pick and choose the ones you think you'll like to try and see how it works for you! And look for reviews on them. You will never know if it will work or not if you don't try. I'm happy I bought these goodies on impulse! Just find what works or you, everyone is different these are just my opinions and what I like that I hope will help out makeup lovers. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment