Tuesday, January 4, 2011

LIGHTS! CAMERA! BAD MAKEUP..???

Have you ever done your makeup and looked in the mirror when your done and loved it? You get dressed and ready to start your day BUT  then you go outside and see your reflection and realize "OMG I have WAY too much makeup on?". You notice that it looks too dramatic? I know there have been a few times, I shocked myself in the car and realize: my eyeshadow is not blended or my foundation is too thick and heavy or everything is too much! Stumped on how that happened? The KEY in makeup application is LIGHTING! I want to share my answer for this problem that works best for me!!!



I am still in the process of figuring out what lighting is best for me and doing makeup for shoots you have to understand lighting a bit or try to. Where the light will be landing and where to highlight and contour. Even the simplest makeup can be thrown off if you have bad lighting. Most lights around us are Fluorescent Lights, which washes out the skin and also brings out blemishes out more think of dressing room lights...NOT flattering at all! Ideally you want to put makeup on with natural lighting, the problem is we all do not always have access to a window or lighting with natural lights. Best bet is to get coated light bulbs that will throw off light that is too soft and warm. But who really want to go through all that trouble?

My old makeup mirror.
I have been researching and looking for a Vanity where I can set up my little makeup corner and have great lighting. At this point in my life I do not have room for a vanity accompanied with all the accessories I want to go with it and nor do I have the $$$ to spend on the type I want. My conclusion to this problem is a lighted mirror! But this also can be a process because you have to take a lot to consideration when picking the right one. I had a ConAir round Mirror that had a light only on one spot of the mirror and I just didn't like it. When looking for a lighted mirror, even just looking into proper lighting for makeup application you need light evenly hitting your face at all angles so you wont have shadows hitting your face.











On my search I was lucky enough to stumble onto a treasure find that I'm completely happy with!!!!!! I was in Costco and was surprised to see a lighted mirror! Its is called "LED Lighted" Round/Oval Vanity Mirror" Making me extra happy was it was lighted around the sides of the mirror also it is a double mirror and both sides have lights! Its a nicely durable mirror. It has natural lighting, dual mirrors: a normal mirror and a magnified mirror on the other side. It was packaged neatly and protectively

"LED LIGHTED" Vanity Mirror/Costco

      



Happy with my find I suggest people to look and search for what works best for you. There are great lighted mirrors all around, I know Revlon has a great mirror that has different settings on the mirror itself.  Its a process on finding what works for you. I like this mirror because it was at a good price for me and it works amazingly. I am happy with the lighting I get from it, it doesn't give off an orange or yellowish lighting it gives me a true lighting. I also enjoy the look of it all together, its a bit heavy and sits nicely. I use it with the light on and off very handy. My tip for looking into a mirror like this is look around see what you are comfortable with and what your budget is. Lighted mirrors can range up to 19-100$. Its all on what you like. This works amazingly for me! I would really love to see what other people use and what kind of lighting you have. please share.

Beauty is skin deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment